The Key To Choosing a Reputable Locksmith
It happens to all of us at some point in time — being locked out of your home or vehicle. And it always seems to happen at the wrong time too. An untrustworthy locksmith can make matters even worse. Better Business Bureau (BBB) wants to remind consumers to be cautious when choosing a locksmith.
Nationally, BBB received more than 1,500 complaints for locksmith services in 2014. Many consumers alleged the company charged more than quoted, there was damage left behind to their home or vehicle and issues with the time it took for services to be rendered.
To avoid getting locked in to the wrong situation, your BBB offers this advice:
– Find a company before you need it. The worst time to try to research a locksmith is when you’re locked out of your house or car. Get recommendations from friends, check the company’s license and visit the company’s BBB Business Review. Once you;ve found one you trust, save the number in your phone in case of emergency.
– Know where to turn. If you find yourself locked out of your car or home and don’t have a trusted locksmith’s phone number, you can get a quick list of accredited businesses by using the BBB iPhone App. If you are locked out of a car with your child inside, call the police.
– Check the license. Locksmiths are required to carry a copy of their license, issued by the DPS, anytime they are on the job. Even if you have researched the company beforehand, ask to see the individual’s license before they begin assisting you.
– Know the price before agreeing to the work. Though locksmiths may not always know the extent of the job before they start, they should be able to provide a fairly accurate range based on the details you provide.
– Read the fine print. Be sure to read any contract thoroughly before signing. Check for additional fees and understand the terms of any guarantees.
To find trustworthy businesses, visit bbb.org.
Read more: The keys to choosing a trustworthy locksmith – MRT.com: Business http://www.mrt.com/business/article_4175db6c-b173-11e4-b121-33ba2b24c94d.html#ixzz3U28TaJhI
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution